Value Stream Mapping
What It Is Value Stream Mapping
It is a methodology for the visualization of materials, products and information flow within an organization toward the end of identify problems, process time and resources waste and based in this information analyze, plan and execute improvements for the elimination of waste using lean tools. This methodology was originated by the Toyota Company but it is now universally adopted.
Who Is Responsible for the Implementation of a VSM?
The department managers or senior supervisors, but the upper management must assume the compromise for full support otherwise it would not be successful, additionally the following departments must be involved, but all personnel within the factory must collaborate as required.
3) Material planning
The Value Stream Mapping is Divided in two Sections:
1) The current or present state map
2) The future state map
Current State Mapping Process
1) Inform to all employees of the departments involved what is pretended to be achieved
2) Get as much process information as possible, related to cycle times, change overs, line speed, WIP, inventories etc.
3) To visualize the map walk the process together with the key people of the departments involved and record all relevant Information about process steps time, and people involved, work and inspection station layouts, product and information flow, value and no value added activities, unnecessary materials and people movements, any visible waste, obstacles in the process, bottle neck any other pertinent information.
4) With this information prepare a table to visualize easily the data
5) Based on all information gathered on step 3 and 4, proceed to draw the current state map using icons to represent each stage or step using these conventional symbols:
6) Capture attributes from each process and display them in the map, (do not include exceptions to the process.)
7) Draw material flow and information electronic and manual.
8) During the VSM process assure that all involved personnel agree with the information being considered.
9) Start with the Customers and Supplier icons.
10) Insert the Production control and the Production manager/supervisor box.
11) From the Production control box draw electronic and manual communication arrows from
the customer and to the suppliers and Production manager including information periodicity and direction.
12) From the Production supervision box draw the arrows toward the different process attributes boxes.
13) In the attribute boxes add the cycle time, change over time and the up time. Each attribute box represents a working station for a particular process or operation.
As you know, we're big fans of the iPhone, and follow all the latest iPhone news, reviews and rumours. Recently we found some great iPhone deals on the latest iPhone 7 over at iphonesforsale.org
including some special offers that were quite a bargain. It pays to check the site often - as it updates everytime you visit. If you're willing to put some time into it, you'll get a great price on an iPhone!